"" bshawise: monster mash

Sunday, January 13, 2008

monster mash

Today i learned that a unicorn is a monster. i had no idea. all these years i've been under the impression that unicorns represent peace and restraint. but here he is with his forehead-sword, hanging out with the classic nogoodniks, a dragon, centaur, various ogres and KKK member. i feel like maybe he just got mixed up with the wrong crowd. kind of reminds me of my freshman year in college. my dorm floor, (labeled the worst on campus by the Residence Director) had about five ogres roaming the halls. the kind of guys who drank lots of natural light and wore adult diapers so they never had to leave their playstation. i remember one weekend when my parents visited. as i took them to my room to show off my sweet posters and strategic organizing there was puke, condoms and ramen noodles lining the floor. my poor mom. i bet she felt like that unicorn's mom did when this Monster Manual came out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i believe i once danced with a bearded deer/unicorn/elk hybrid. It was somewhere in a dream. i think the place was called sugarland or something like that.

Dean said...

Are you a RPG'er Brad, or did you search this photo out simply as an example?

bshawise said...

dean,

i don't know what RPG'er means. i'm curious though.

Dean said...

I would think that if you were an RPG'er you'd know, but ya never know. Role Playing Gamer.... RPG'er...

I thought perhaps since you had a picture of the AD&D Monster Manual that might be something you were into...

Anonymous said...

i'm crying.