"" bshawise: Who Has Seen The Wind?

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Who Has Seen The Wind?

We're doing a video with this poem this weekend that I'm very excited about. I've never gotten into poetry but something about this one really spoke to me. Especially when you hear it read by an irish woman and set it to music. If anyone has any poetry that feels similar to this, please pass it along. I may give it (and peace) a chance.

Who Has Seen The Wind?
by Christina Rossetti

Who has seen the wind?
Neither I nor you.
But when the leaves hang trembling,
The wind is passing through.

Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I.
But when the trees bow down their heads,
The wind is passing by.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's probably about lesbians.

ylmurph said...

I saw the wind at Ikea last week. It was picking up a giant spatula...$2.99 That's a good price, you've gotta hand it to him...

John Arns said...

that picture looks like the scenery out my office window today. appropriate for our tumultuous weather today.

Jason Boys said...

"Who can own a tree? Who can own a rock?" -The Indian from Ernest Goes to Camp.

Steve Fuller said...

I don't know who anonymous is, but I want to party with him/her.

Anonymous said...

I challenge anyone to read Rosetti's most famous poem, Goblin Market, and then tell me it's not the most graphic lesbian romp not published by Bob Guccione in a Penthouse Forum.

John Arns said...

great video, Brad. and the reaction of the leaves and trees to the wind as analgous to our reaction to the powerful presence of the Holy Spirit -- super.