"" bshawise: Simple solutions for a crazy, mixed-up world

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Simple solutions for a crazy, mixed-up world


This made me wonder how often I over-complicate problem solving. I know it's a just a pretty picture. But I thought about some dude who was all, "I hate rain. Hate how it gets on me. How it comes from the sky. I hate it everywhere but especially in my alley way. I bet if I just make these little circular tent structures and hang them above me.....YES! That's it!"

The key, I think, is to constantly question your solutions. Is there a better/simpler way of doing X? In my line of work, I usually start out solving problems in a pretty complicated manner. Not on purpose. It just takes a few mistakes before I realize or know how to do things in a better/simpler way.

That's gotta be how these world-changers got to this solution...

4 comments:

Clizzzarke said...

wearable towel toga party. Stat.

Sidney said...

I am not sure which is more ridiculous -- the Wearable Towel or the Snuggie.

YouTube: The Snuggie

John Arns said...

didn't cleopatra and mark antony do this ?? or the gladiators ??

John Arns said...

i have to confess. i do have a garment similar to The Snuggie: a comfortable plaid design that fits neck to ankle. and i look like a monk.