"" bshawise: Morons Anonymous

Friday, January 2, 2009

Morons Anonymous

I quit. I'm done caring about sports. I'm done screaming at a television and hitting my ottoman. There has to be something better to do with my time. I could've spent three hours doing push-ups tonight instead of watching my Bearcats make stupid mistakes and give the game away. I probably could've read an entire paperback novel. I could've thumb wrestled Leah 2,340 times. Anything would be better than how I feel right now. I absolutely, totally quit. No more caring. No more stress. Until Monday rolls around and I'll abuse my furniture again, apologize to them again, and yell at Toshiba while the Buckeyes blow it. Are there support groups for this sort of thing?

2 comments:

John Arns said...

WHAT...WERE...THEY...THINKING LAST NIGHT ?!? OR RATHER, 'WHY' WERE THEY 'NOT' THINKING ??!!?
WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE THEY DOING ??
WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT ????SHEESH..... I HAD TO EAT FOOTBALL CROW TODAY.

John Arns said...

ok. much calmer today....

There must be support groups out there to help those of us like you and me who can't understand why teams decide to start playing blindfold football. to help us (me) not to let our egos get bruised by the mistakes of our teams. to help us (me)not get embarrassed by our hurt pride. (and to not let it get hurt in the first place) to help us (me) put things in proper perspective.

...this too shall pass. and we'll come out unscathed.