"" bshawise: I Scream

Monday, August 25, 2008

I Scream


Just went on a bike cruise (sans camera, unfortunately) and saw a parking lot full of ice cream trucks. A treat fleet if you will. I bet there were over 30 yellow trucks. It completely wrecked my whole ice cream truck world view. All these years I thought normal people with extra big hearts tricked out their box trucks for the good of humanity. I imagined burnt out accountants who gave up their cubicles to chase their dream of becoming a summertime Kris Kringle. Men and women who cash in their 401k so they can refrigerate bomb pops and cruise down the road cranking "Do your ears hang low?" from broken speakers over and over and over and over and over. Nope. It's a giant machine controlled by the Man. The drivers might as well be delivering pizza or driving cab. They don't care about humanity eating ice cream-filled hope. They didn't even leave a cubicle. I don't know what to believe anymore.

1 comment:

Christopher Day said...

Believe this: drug dealin' pedophiles! That's who's drivin' them there trucks. The music, the bright colors, the slow cautious driving. It's a smokescreen. They might as well have a large conversion van with no windows and say things like, "Hey kid, you want some candy?" or "Will you help me look for my lost puppy?"